VonSher Media LLC
We Are Black Women Network
The We Are Black Women Network is a collection of branded blogs written for and about Black Women. The company offers content on a range of subjects tailored specifically to black female Baby Boomers. We are a one-stop shop for them, a truthful, honest place where they can feel secure in the information they get. The network will be a place where they can find out news and information about themselves from their perspective, discuss issues of interest to them, learn about the good that Black women are doing in their communities and share the positive things about themselves. The network operates under VonSher Media LLC (hereafter, the Network and VonSher Media LLC will be interchangeable) as a business. It also provides third-party advertisements that allow the Network to provide its services for free.
The Network does not charge for users to view its content or post to the site. We may offer premium content via subscription for which you have the opportunity to opt in or out.
You must register on The Network in order to post information to the site or access certain portions of the site. You do not have to register to read content on the site. We require that you provide us with your name, e-mail address, street address and zip, gender, income level and date of birth. You will also be required to create a member name and password. You agree to provide true, accurate and current information about yourself and maintain and update your information as necessary. You must agree not to provide the email address or register under the name of another person. The Network may terminate any account that has fraudulently or falsely used information in this way. We may also reject or terminate any member name that we deem inappropriate for any reason.
Children 13 years of age shall not be allowed to register. If we learn that someone under 13 has registered, we will terminate the account. We can only take at face value what users represent as their age.
With any stories, photos, video, documents, or other content you post to the Network in any way, you are acknowledging that the content is yours only, that the content is not proprietary or confidential information and that you will not be compensated in any way for content that is posted. In addition, by posting content to the Network, you grant the Network permission to use the information for any purpose and in any way at the Network’s discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
Content created by others is protected by intellectual property laws and owned by them. The Network requires that users respect those rights. As a result, you may not modify, use, lease, sell, distribute, copy or create derivates of others’ copyrighted work.
If you believe we have infringed on your proprietary rights or find content posted by a registered user to be posted without permission or credit, please notify the Network immediately so that we can take all necessary and appropriate steps to comply with the intellectual property laws. The Network does not intend to use content that is protected by copyright or any other intellectual property law without permission.
All content, including photos, video, comments, and other content you provide is your sole responsibility. By posting content to the Network, you certify that you hold the copyright to any content you post and that you are solely responsible for it.
Content on the Network may not be reproduced, republished or redistributed without the permission of VonSher Media LLC.
Monitoring the Site
Source of Content on the Site
Content on the Network will be posted by sanctioned Network bloggers and the Network team. The Network cannot and does not guarantee, attest to, vouch for or substantiate the validity, accuracy or objectivity of postings, comments or information provided by registered users to the Network. Views and opinions expressed by registered users are not and do not represent the views of the Network the Network is not responsible for the content posted by registered users.
Postings to the Site
Users posting content to the site automatically grants the Network royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, translate, publish, adapt, publicly display, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, or create derivative works from content posted by you for any purpose, without payment to you, in any media or form online or offline, now or in the future.
When you post to the Network, you are agreeing that (i) you are the owner of the content; (ii) have permission to post it; (iii) the content is accurate and is not proprietary or confidential information; (iv) you will not be compensated for any content posted; (v) the content will not cause harm to anyone or violate their rights; and (vi) you will indemnify and defend VonSher Media LLC for any claims resulting from your postings (See Indemnity section.)
The Network encourages a free and open forum for ideas and communication among registered users, but requires that users show a common respect for each other. The Network does not monitor comments posted by registered users, but it relies on the registered users to conduct themselves in a neighborly and appropriate manner. The Network has the right to terminate or suspend access, based on these guidelines:
- Users shall not post information they know is wrong, questionable, false or misleading.
- Users shall not knowingly, intentionally or recklessly do harm to other users.
- Users shall not take other people’s comments, words or thoughts as their own.
- Users must have written permission from parent or guardian to post photos of children under 13.
- Users shall be careful in writing about children and youths and posting photos of the same, especially if the content is not complimentary. The Network reserves the right to remove and/or delete any posting or comments that refer to children and/or youths in a negative light and will do so at it its discretion.
- Users shall not post a photograph of a non-public person without their consent.
- Users shall not advertise or promote trade except in designated areas.
- Users shall not make false or inaccurate statements regarding other users or non-public individuals. Users shall be vigilant in verifying information that may cause harm to another.
- Users shall not use the site for fraudulent or unlawful purposes and shall comply with all applicable domestic and international statutes, laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Users shall not post content that infringes on patent, trademark, trade secrets, copyright or other proprietary rights.
- Users shall not post pornographic, sexually explicit or related materials on the site. The Network reserves the right to remove and/or delete any posting or comments that contain sexually language, images or other materials.
- Users shall not post copyrighted or proprietary material to the site without the written permission of the owner.
- Users shall not use the site to harass, threaten or harm anyone else with content or in any other way.
- Users shall not interfere with others’ use of the site.
- Users shall not pretend that they are someone else on the site and shall not misrepresent themselves or anyone else.
- Users shall not post identifying content, e.g., personal information about a user or other person, without written permission from such user or other person.
- Users shall not post information or content meant to degrade, intimidate or spew hatred against an individual or group based on race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity or disability.
- Users may not advertise or sell illegal products or services on the site.
- Users shall not knowingly or intentionally post content that contains a computer virus.
- Users shall not try to gain access to the Network computer system or database or other proprietary services.
Reporting Violations: To complain about a user’s conduct or report a violation, contact us via email at wabw at weareblackwomen.com or use our Contact Us page.
The Network controls only the content and information posted by its sanctioned bloggers. The Network does not guarantee accuracy of any information or content provided by registered users. The Network does not guarantee that files you download from the site or links on the site are free from defects. The Network is not liable for any delays, inaccuracies or errors encountered on the site. All information on the site should be used wisely and with common sense. The Network and VonSher Media LLC are not liable for any damages arising out of or inability to use the site.
The Network makes no warranties or representations to the accuracy of the content and assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omission in the information provided by registered users. The Network does not warrant that the content and information will not infringe on the rights of third parties. The Network is not responsible for the actions of third parties or for content and information provided by others.
Information on the discussion boards and other areas of postings by registered users represent the writers’ opinions and not those of the Network.